FLL in the City Grant
The FLL in the City program is supported by the University of Pennsylvania and the LEGO Foundation. The grant provides FLL teams in Philadelphia, Camden and Chester competition equipment and support.
- FIRST LEGO League Registration, FLL Field Set-up kit, and LEGO EV3 kit.
- Coach training events in August.
- Kick-off event for teams.
- Scrimmage event for teams.
- No registration fees for the FLL in the City Scrimmage and Qualifying event.
- Registration fee will be waived if your team advances to the Championship event.
- Team must be associated with a public or charter school within the Philadelphia, Camden, or Chester districts. Teams not located in these districts are welcome to apply and will be considered if additional spots remain open.
- Coach must attend at least two full day coach trainings in August.
- Team must attend the FLL Kick-off event on September 20th.
- Team must fundraise for additional costs associated with running a FLL team.
- Team must participate in a Scrimmage and a Qualifying event.
- Coach must provide feedback at the end of the season.
All grants have been distributed for the 2014-2015 season. We will be opening registration for grants for the 2015-2016 season in May/June and should have another 6 grants available for rookie teams.
For more information contact:
Amanda Gordon, Penn FLL Operational Partner
pennfll (at) gmail.com