FLL in the City Grant
The FLL in the City program is a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania and the School District of Philadelphia to provide team support for schools to participate in the FIRST LEGO League competition.
- FIRST LEGO League Registration, FLL Field Set-up kit, and LEGO NXT Kit (new teams only).
- Coach training events in August.
- Kick-off event for teams.
- Scrimmage event for teams.
- No registration fees for the FLL in the City Scrimmage and Qualifying event.
- Registration fee will be waived if your team advances to the Championship event.
- Team must be associated with a public or charter school within the Philadelphia, Camden, or Chester districts. Teams not located in these districts are welcome to apply and will be considered if additional spots remain open.
- Coach must attend at least two full day coach trainings in August.
- Team must attend the FLL Kick-off event on September 21st.
- Team must fundraise for additional costs associated with running a FLL team.
- Team must participate in a Scrimmage and a Qualifying event.
- Coach must provide feedback at the end of the season.
All team grants have been given out this year! Please check back next season!
For more information contact
Rebecca Hayward, Penn FLL Operational Partner
beccah (at) seas.upenn.edu