FLL in the City Grant
The FLL in the City program is a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania and the School District of Philadelphia to provide team support for schools to participate in the FIRST LEGO League competition.
- FIRST LEGO League Registration, FLL Field Set-up kit, and LEGO NXT Kit (new teams only).
- Coach training events in August.
- Kick-off event for teams.
- Scrimmage event for teams.
- No registration fees for the FLL in the City Scrimmage and Qualifying event.
- Registration fee will be waived if your team advances to the Championship event.
- Team must be associated with a public or charter school within the Philadelphia, Camden, or Chester districts. Teams not located in these districts are welcome to apply and will be considered if additional spots remain open.
- Coach must attend at least two full day coach trainings in August.
- Team must attend the FLL Kick-off event on September 21st.
- Team must fundraise for additional costs associated with running a FLL team.
- Team must participate in a Scrimmage and a Qualifying event.
- Coach must provide feedback at the end of the season.
Interested in Applying
For more information contact
Rebecca Hayward, Penn FLL Operational Partner
beccah (at) seas.upenn.edu