WARNING: This is a previous, older wiki! The latest year's wiki is here.
This is a Summer II course. Instructors are Dr. Dave Matuszek and Pat Palmer. The wiki will be maintained by all class members. Background about the course is here. Instructors:
Note: Please advertise Wiki changes with a brief announcement in the next section. Also, please put your name in the
Author: box, so we can give you credit. Thanks!
- A social bookmarking/feed reader mashup made with RoR and Ajax: nondenumerable (FF2 or IE7 only)
- Here's the link to the Ajax exam and answers.
- To study for the Ruby/Rails exam (Wednesday August 8):
- Most questions (90-95%) will be about Ruby and Rails.
- Ruby questions will be taken from
A Concise Introduction to Ruby.
- Rails questions will be taken from
A Concise Introduction to Rails.
- There will be a couple questions from Pat's recent Ajax talks.
- There will be a couple questions from the Second Life talk.
- Saj is having OH on Saturday from 4-6 and 12-5 Sunday.
- To turn in the Rails Assignment, please zip up the entire application
directory (one of the subdirectories of
rails-apps) and turn it in via
Blackboard. (If you have already submitted an incomplete
version, please resubmit.) If navigating your application is not completely obvious, a top-level
file would also be appreciated.
- Remember that you are expected to contribute to the wiki with anything you think
would be useful to your instructors and fellow students. See especially the
- Dave and Pat have decided on course grading. See Assignments (65%) and Schedule (two exams, 35%) for details.
Recently added or updated pages (newest first) - Archived Additions
- [Aug 7] Added a Second Life section with info about the musical event happening this Saturday. Also put a Names page in there so we can find each other in the SL world.
- [Aug 6] Added a Ruby Comments page, along with some suggestions.
- [Aug 5] Added some suggestions to the Rails Comments page.
- [Aug 1] All lecture slides have been uploaded, and Dave's A Concise Guide to Rails has been updated.
- [Aug 1] Pat has started a new web applications page, which is linked from both Ajax and Rails.
- [July 25] The Rails page now has a link to an incomplete version of Dave's
A Concise Guide to Rails.
- [July 25] The Ruby unit testing slides have been posted, and there is now a Lectures link
in the sidebar where all the PowerPoint lectures can be found.
- [July 22] Changed the CIS 700 heading in the sidebar to link to this page.
- [July 22] Added some tutorials to the Rails page.
This page last modified on March 04, 2010, at 05:18 PM | Last year's wiki.